Vegan Matcha Cheesecakes by @veggieworldrecipes
6 Emmy’s Organics Matcha Coconut Cookies
1 Cup Soaked Cashews
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
3 Tbsp Coconut Creme
3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2.5 Tbsp Matcha Powder
A Pinch of Salt
1. Cut out 1/2 wide by 3 inches long strips of parchment paper. Line a muffin pan (mini muffin pan is even better, if you have one) with 1 strip each.
2. Take one Emmy’s Matcha Cookie and mold it to the bottom and the edges of the muffin pan. It should form a little cup that will be used to hold the cheesecake filling. Note: if you are using a mini muffin pan like I did, use 1/2 of a cookie for each cup.
3. Put all of your ingredients (except for the Emmy’s Cookies and the matcha powder) and blend them in a high speed blender. Note: Make sure that you have soaked the cashews overnight, as they will be softer and easier to blend this way.
4. Set aside about 2 tbsp of the cheesecake filling to use for decoration. This step is optional, but it’s super fun to decorate the cheesecakes and they look super cute and festive!
5. Add your matcha powder to the mix and blend it in the blender.
6. Pour the green matcha cheesecake mixture up to the top of each cup.
7. Use the remaining white cheesecake filling to decorate the top of the cheesecakes. I put my filling in a ziplock baggie and cut the end. Then I created different patterns such as horizontal stripes and swirls. I then used a toothpick to move the filling across the top and create different patterns.
8. Pop your mini cheesecakes into the freezer for at least 4 hours.
9. After your mini cheesecakes are fully frozen, take them out and enjoy!