Sea Salt Almond Butter Date Bars by @laurenslovelykitchen
- 9 Emmy’s Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 1 TB coconut oil, melted
Almond Butter Layer:
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 TB maple syrup
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 10)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Flaky sea salt for sprinkling
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil. Line with parchment paper.
- For crust, combine cookies and coconut oil in a food processor till cookies are broken up. Press cookie mixture to an even layer in prepared pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For almond butter layer, combine almond butter, 1/4 cup coconut oil and maple syrup in a bowl. Spread over crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until hardened.
- For date layer, combine dates, coconut milk and cinnamon in a food processor. Add 1 TB hot water if needed. Blend till a paste forms. Spread over almond butter layer. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Use parchment paper to lift bars out of pan. Use a sharp knife to cut into squares. Sprinkle bars with flaky sea salt. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Makes 8 bars