Pecan Chocolate Chip Cookies by @thekindcoconut
Makes 12-15 cookies
6-8 Emmy's Organics Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
1 cup almond meal
1 cup oat flour
1⁄2 cup rolled oats
1⁄4 cup vegan butter or coconut oil
1⁄4 cup coconut sugar
1⁄4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
1 tbsp flax meal + 3 tbsps water
1 tsp of vanilla extract
1⁄2 tsp of baking soda
1⁄2 tsp of baking powder
1⁄4 tsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. First make the flax egg in a small dish by combining flax meal with water, set aside.
3. Using an electric mixer beat together the vegan butter and peanut butter until combined. Add in the flax egg, vanilla, crushed cookies and coconut sugar and mix again for about 1-2 minutes.
4. One by one add in the almond meal, oat flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Stir everything for 1-2 more minutes.
5. Slowly fold in pecans and rolled oats. Scoop the dough and place onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes.