Creamy Chocolate Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies by @ourbalancedbowl
8 Emmy’s Organics Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies
½ can coconut milk (the cream on top)
3 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp maple syrup
Pinch of salt
¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
1 tsp coconut oil
- In a food processor, place your 8 Emmy’s cookies. Pulse until they are more of a “crust” consistency. Place into a bowl.
- Roll 1-2 tbsp worth of the cookie crumbs into a small bowl and then flatten them down gently into a cookie “patty”. Gently press your thumb in the middle of the cookie, making a slight “thumbprint”. You should yield about 6 cookies. Place these cookies in the freezer to set.
- In the meantime, add the coconut cream, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt to a small saucepan on medium/low heat. Whisk together until smooth consistency. Let this cook for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture begins to bubble and is on the cusp of boiling. Immediately take off of the heat and let it rest at room temperature for 5 minutes. Then, let cool in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour until it thickens up to a slight pudding consistency.
- Once the cookies are cooled and the chocolate cream mixture has thickened, add about a tsp of the chocolate cream mixture to the “thumbprint” you created in the middle of the cookie. Place back inside the fridge to let this set for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the cookies have set, melt the vegan chocolate chips along with the coconut oil in the microwave for 30 second increments until smooth. Drizzle the cookies with the chocolate. Eat immediately! Store in the fridge for best results.