Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread by @thekindcoconut
Serves 8-10 slices (1 loaf)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
3 ripe bananas
1 cup gluten free flour *substitute any all-purpose flour
1 cup almond meal
¼ cup coconut sugar
1 tbsp flax meal (+ 3 tbsps water)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ cup crushed walnuts *optional
½ cup almond milk
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp vanilla paste *substitute with extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the flax egg and buttermilk in a small dish by combining the flax meal with 3 tablespoons of water, almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana until most of the chunks are gone. Stir in the maple syrup, vanilla, and flax mixture.
- Combine the wet and dry and stir to fold everything together. Using your hands crush the cookies into the batter and stir again.
- Spray a bread pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm! Store leftovers for up to 6 days or keep in the freezer.