Chunky Monkey Cheesecake Bars with Chocolate Chip Crust by @danishealthyeats
Serves: 8-12 (Depending on size of bars)
Time: 20 min. + 4hr-overnight to set
For the chocolate chip base:
9 Emmy’s Organics Chocolate Chip Coconut Cookies
For the Cheesecake layer:
2 ripe bananas
2 cups soaked cashews
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of sea salt
2 tbsp cacao nibs
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
1/4 cup chopped freeze dried banana
For the chocolate topping:
1 chocolate bar of choice
2 tsp coconut oil
1. Add the bag of Emmys cookies to a food processor and pulse until a sticky dough forms.
2. Press into the bottom of desired pan (size will decide thickness of the bars).
3. To make the cheesecake layer, add all ingredients besides the cacao nibs, walnuts, and freeze dried banana, to a food processor and blend until completely smooth. Fold in the chopped walnuts, nibs, and freeze dried banana.
4. Pour cheesecake mixture over the chocolate chip base.
5. To make the chocolate topping, melt chocolate and coconut oil together until smooth. Pour over the cheesecake layer. Tap the pan to ensure it evenly sets.
6. Place in the freezer to set. Once hardened, cut into slices. Drizzle with peanut butter (optional) and some sea salt.