Chocolate Waffles by @thekindcoconut
Serves 6 waffles
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2-3 Emmy’s Organics Dark Cacao Coconut Cookies
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ cup sunflower butter *substitute with any nut/seed butter
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- Heat a waffle iron to high heat.
- Combine the apple sauce, almond milk, vanilla, apple cider vinegar, and sunbutter in a small mixing bowl and whisk everything together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the tapioca starch, coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the wet mix to the flour and stir until everything is combined.
- Heat the cookies in the microwave for 20 seconds then crumble and mash with a fork. Add to the batter.
- Pour a scoop of batter into the waffle iron and cook until its crispy, about 4-5 minutes for most irons.
- Serve with maple syrup and fresh berries.