Apple Pie Cheesecake Bars by @LaurensLovelyKitchen
- 9 Emmy’s Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 1 TB coconut oil, melted
- 1 cups raw cashews, soaked in water overnight
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 TB pure maple syrup
- 1 TB lemon juice
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- For crust, blend cookies and coconut oil in a food processor until a “dough” forms, about 2 minutes. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper. Using your fingers, push dough into loaf pan until flat. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- While the crust freezes, prepare filling. In a high speed blender, combine all filling ingredients. Blend till smooth, about 2 minutes. Pour filling over crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For apple topping, heat coconut oil over a skillet at medium heat. Add apples and cinnamon, sauté for 5 minutes. Add 1 Tb water, sauté for 5 more minutes. Let apples cool completely.
- Spread cooked apples on top of filling. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove loaf from pan by holding onto sides of the parchment paper. Using a sharp knife, slice into 8 squares.
Makes 8 cheesecake squares