Apple Crumble Muffins by @thekindcoconut
Serves 12-15 muffins
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 12 minutes
- 5 Emmy’s Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- 3 pitted dates
- ¼ cup almonds
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 medium apple
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ⅓ cup crumble *see recipe below
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- To make the crumble add the almonds, cookies, and dates to a food processor and pulse for 1 minute until everything becomes sticky and crumbly. Set aside ⅓ cup of crumble for the flour mix.
- Whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, flax meal, cinnamon, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Next add the non-dairy milk and applesauce and stir to combine everything.
- Rinse the apple and chop it into small chunks. Add to the batter.
- Line a muffin pan with baking cups and fill each ¾ of the way full with batter.
- Using your hands, sprinkle the leftover crumble over the tops of each muffin and bake for 12 minutes.