Almond Joy Bars by @thekindcoconut
Serves 6-8 squares
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 bag (9) Emmy’s Organics Vanilla Bean Coconut Cookies
- ⅓ cup coconut butter
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup non-dairy chocolate chips
- 2 tsps water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Shredded coconut
- Chopped almonds
- Pulse the cookies in a food processor to break them up, about 10 seconds.
- In a small saucepan, heat coconut oil, coconut butter and sea salt on low. Whisk to melt everything together.
- Once everything is melted, add the cookies and whisk some more.
- Transfer to a baking sheet covered in parchment paper. Set in the freezer for 2 hours, preferably overnight.
- To make the chocolate layer, combine everything in a small bowl and microwave for 25 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir until all the chips are melted.
- Pour the chocolate over the coconut base and sprinkle with chopped almonds and shredded coconut.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!