An Anti-Racist Company
We have identified five pillars of our anti-racism objective:
- We commit to at least 15% of charitable donations going to Black people, Black owned companies and events, or non-profits serving Black people and communities.
- We will create a budget line for race education and anti-racism training for our staff
- We are centering our book club currently on learning about white supremacy and how to become better allies (our book club is 100% white)
- We will incorporate Black authors of various genres into our book club (not just focusing on race related reading topics.
- We will include learning and education on race and racism in our 2021 budget.
- We will have required learning for all employees (first round will be assigned in the coming weeks, and we will implement new hire training material TBD by this committee)
- We commit to Black influencers making up at least 15% of our paid influencer pool.
- We commit to showing at least 15% BIPOC bodies and hands in our imagery and marketing materials.
- We will research how to better advertise jobs at Emmy’s to BIPOC and put a diversity goal in place year over year.
- We will actively seek out resources to help us better understand how to be a more inclusive work force and work to ensure that our hiring practices, training, evaluation process and general company culture are not promoting bias or racism.
- We know that to be anti racist is continuous work and involves learning from our mistakes. We will not shy away from having difficult conversations or risking discomfort in this effort. We will take time to reflect on mistakes and work together to problem solve and improve our processes.
We see this document as a work in progress and will be regularly updating this statement as we continue to learn as individuals and as a company.